Our shipping partner provides a consistent tracking experience from the moment an order is placed up until it’s delivered. Shippit standardises tracking events across all carriers, meaning that you get the same delivery experience.
If you've received an email from Shippit, that means your online purchase from The House of Golf can be tracked on their platform. Shippit will keep you in the loop via email and SMS at key stages of the delivery process. So sit back and relax! When your parcel is out for delivery, you will receive notifications, followed by a final notification once you have received your package.
A delivery will pass through several key states before making it into your hot little hands and Shippit will automatically send you notifications along the journey. Here are some of the most common status' and what they mean:
- Booked for Delivery - your order is being packed by The House of Golf and should be collected soon by a courier from our warehouse.
- In Transit - your parcel has been picked up from our warehouse and is on it's way to a local courier sorting depot. There are many stages in your parcels journey from this point onwards so the status might remain IN TRANSIT for a few days sometimes before it is given to your local driver to complete delivery.
- With Driver - good news, a local courier driver has your parcel on board for delivery shortly!
- Delivery Attempted - this status shows the courier driver has attempted delivery but they've missed you, perhaps you were not home at the time of delivery. Don't panic, you can easily rebook another delivery by contacting the courier directly, these contact details will be in your Shippit dispatch email.
- Completed - this shows the courier driver has marked your delivery as completed. If you're after more info, the courier contact information will be displayed on the Shippit order link.
My order is still inside of the delivery date
To help take the stress out of shipping, Shippit simplifies the tracking experience with a few key status updates, but sometimes it may take a bit longer than normal for your parcel to arrive. Your Shippit order link should update as soon as the courier scanning changes so your Shippit tracking link will keep you up-to-date.
Has your order been In Transit for days?
Shippit tries to simplify the tracking experience by showing a few key shipping statuses, which means that they won't update you every time your package passes through another depot or facility. Often this may mean your parcel will spend a while In Transit as it passes through different checkpoints.
Is your package With Driver?
Typically, packages onboard for delivery should be delivered within the same day. However, there may have been difficulties in finding your address or a courier driver may have hit a delay. Any deliveries missed by a driver are typically completed the next business day.
What does Awaiting Collection mean?
Your driver attempted a delivery but could not leave your package, so your parcel is now ready for collection at a local pickup location. Check your email inbox for instructions on collecting your package.
My order is outside of the delivery date, help!
If the ETA on your Shippit order has passed and you've not received your parcel we first suggest contacting the courier first for a more accurate ETA, their contact details should be in your latest dispatch email.
Although, not normal, sometimes delays of 1-2 days can happen. Anything longer than this isn't normal so contact us and we will lodge an investigation with Shippit to track your package.
Redirection to a new address is not available during flight (while in transit).
Once a delivery attempt is made however, you will receive an email notification with instructions to rebook delivery which will include the option to change the address if the courier allows.
In the event authority to leave is active on the order and you no longer have access to the original address, please contact us asap so that we can get it returned to us where we can then rebook to the new address.
No worries you still have a few options:
- You can rebook redelivery with authority to leave, simply contact the courier and they can rebook another delivery for you.
- If there's nowhere safe to leave the parcel, you can ask the courier to deliver to your closest collection point instead. This way you can collect it when you're ready.
No you don't. You can request authority to leave by clicking on the button in your Shippit dispatch email. If you don't see the authority to leave button this means you've already opted in, so you don't need to request it again.
Rather it be delivered to a collection point? No worries. You'll see an option to have your package delivered to a local collection point in your Shippit delivery options when booking a redelivery.
Check your emails!
If you have missed a delivery attempt, Shippit should have already notified you via email and/or SMS. This email contains important instructions about how to collect your parcel or schedule a re-delivery to a location or time that suits you.
Why wasn't my package left at my address?
Carriers are instructed to get a signature unless you've provided authority to leave. Although the driver will do their best, please note that it isn't always safe to leave goods (i.e if you live in a unit block or on a main street).
Can I arrange redelivery?
Absolutely! The fastest way to arrange a re-delivery or locate the collection point closest to you is to contact the carrier directly. You can find both the carrier's contact line and your delivery's Job ID on the tracking page for your package. Carriers will typically arrange re-delivery starting from the next business day onward.
There are several reasons why the driver might return your parcel. You will receive a Shippit email notifying you of an attempted or failed delivery and usually have a few days to make contact with the courier before they'll return it to the sender.
A few of the main reasons are listed below. To avoid this, ensure all the relevant info is provided at the time of booking!
- it's a business address and the business name is missing
- it's a business address and the floor level is missing
- the driver cannot access the property i.e security gated and no instructions or authority to leave provided
- animals are in the yard and the driver cannot get in safely
- the address is an apartment block and the unit number is missing from the order
- there's been a problem with your package and the goods need to be returned to the sender
- the sender has requested the package to be returned to them
- the driver has attempted to deliver the package/s a few times already and now needs to return the package/s to the sender
If you have now received the 'returned to sender' email, unfortunately, it's too late for Shippit to intercept it now. The best thing to do is to contact us so we can arrange for re-delivery.
Package arrived damaged?
You should not sign for goods that arrive damaged in any way! Let the courier driver know you will not accept the goods and they'll note the damage before returning them to the depot where a damage report can be compiled. Contact us immediately so we can help.
Should the damage be internal and unnoticeable until opening the package, please obtain the below proof before contacting us:
- Clear colour pictures showing the damage.
- Clear colour pictures of the internal and external packaging.
- A written description of the damage and how the goods were packaged upon arrival.
- Hold onto the goods until further notice from us.
Something missing from your order?
Shippit doesn't take part in packaging or dispatching your parcel so they will not be able to help here. You need to contact us directly for further help with the contents of your order.
Can't find an answer?
Our friendly team are always here to answer your questions.