Personal information is information that identifies an individual. Generally, we collect the following kinds of personal information;
- your name, address, telephone number and email address,
- history records of your communication and interaction with us, and
- order history in relation to products purchased.
Non-identifiable information is data that have never been labelled with individual identifiers, and may be automatically recorded from information that your browser sends. This information is collected for analysis and evaluation only in order to help THoG to improve our services and products we provide. This data may include;
- your computer’s IP address,
- browser type,
- pages within THoG website that you visit, and
- time spent on pages, items, information searched, access time, dates and other statistics.
Generally, we will collect personal information directly from you, and only to the extent necessary to provide the product or service you requested or to carry out our internal administrative operations or meet relevant regulatory requirements.
We may collect your information in a number of ways, including;
- browsing our site,
- registering for an account on our site,
- making a purchase from us (online or in-store),
- contacting us in regards to a product, service or purchase, and
- interacting with us on social media.
THoG collects your personal information for the purpose of providing, managing and administering the products and services we provide. We may also use your personal information to;
- verify your identity,
- respond to any enquires you have in relation to products and/or services,
- create orders, transaction records, sales agreements, and tax invoices,
- marketing and new product offerings,
- communications relevant to in-store events,
- provide better customer service,
- perform research and analysis,
- conduct fraud checks, and/or
- any other legal requirements.
We may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular products, services or events which we believe may be of interest to you. We may then contact you to let you know about these products, services and/or events and how they may benefit you. We will generally only do this with your prior consent and will always give you a choice to opt out of receiving such information in the future.
Direct marketing from THoG generally takes the form of emails, SMS, and/or social media.
THoG takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected against misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. That includes using a combination of technical solutions, security practices and internal processes to prevent unauthorised disclosures, including encryption of stored and transmitted data.
In instances where your personal information is sent over the website, we use the industry standard encryption software, Secured Socket Layer (SSL) 128 bit encryption. The URL in your browser will change to ‘HTTPS’ instead of ‘HTTP’ when this security feature is invoked.
THoG also employs programs and services to monitor network traffic in order to identify attempts to breach our security.
Any credit related information provided by you is collected and stored with PayPal. THoG does not have access to any credit related information provided by you.
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access your personal information that is collected and held by THoG. You can update your personal information anytime by accessing your account on our website. If at any time you would like to access the personal information we hold about you, or you would like more information about our approach to privacy, please contact us.
To obtain access to your personal information;
- you will have to provide proof of identity, and
- be reasonably specific about the information you require.
If you wish for your personal information to be removed from our database, please contact us.